SNOW TRAILS HISTORY AND FACTS
- Get To Know Snow Trails 1961- 2011, "Celebrating 50 years!"
- Ski Area Facts (Everything you wanted to know in a nutshell).
- Need good story starters for your next article or clip? Our Suggested Press Story Ideas is a great resource for you. Find one that interests you and contact us to fill-in the details.
- First ski school in Ohio.
- First ski patrol in Ohio.
- First area ski shop in Ohio.
- First snowmaking system operated below 41st parallel.
- First night skiing in southern Great Lakes region.
- First ski carnival in Ohio.
- First alpine ski racing event in Ohio.
- First chair lift in Ohio.
- First junior alpine ski racing in Ohio.
- First "air-less" snowmaking in Ohio.
- First triple chair lift operated in Ohio.
- First all-electric airless snowmaking system.
- First all "bull-wheel loading" chair lifts in central region.
- First application of "snowcat" with power-driven rotary tiller for snow grooming in Ohio.
- First in Midwest to build modern area ski shop with over 5,000 square feet of display space.
“Snow Trails is Ohio's Winter Destination for Winter Fun in Skiing, Snowboarding, and Snow Tubing!”
- Nate Wolleson, Marketing Manager
- Current Press Releases
Image Notes: Continue to click on any photo in our gallery to obtain a high resolution image for your print needs. Please feel free to contact us for support.
Snow Trails is located just North of Columbus, and is easily accessible from any part of Ohio. We would like to invite you to browse through our downloadable files. If you need something you do not see here, please feel free to email, call, or DM us on Twitter.
Are you a member of the media and interested in skiing at Snow Trails? Follow us on Twitter with hashtag #snowtrailsmedia for our latest news updates. Receive information about media related events, press releases, snowfall and more.
Company Info - About Snow Trails
Snow Trails, which was the first commercial ski area in Ohio, is a privately owned resort, under the same management since inception. The resort features six chairlifts, including a slow moving Beginner’s Double Chairlift and two newly added ski carpets dedicated to the Beginner's Area Complex, and a third carpet lift utilized for the Snow Tubing Park with the "Longest Tubing Lanes in Ohio." Two new trails were recently added to include Timberline, the “Longest Trail in Ohio,” bringing total trails to 17, with three glade ski areas, plus the addition of a recent addition of a fourth terrain park. A 9,000 sq. ft. Rental Center houses user friendly equipment and offers a self service system. The resort typically opens in early December and the season lasts into March. The resort is located off Interstate 71 south of Mansfield on Possum Run Road. For more information call 800-OHIO-SKI or visit. www.SnowTrails.com
Band: The Ark Band
Sat, Dec 10
Kick-Off Party with Swagg
Sat, Dec 17
Peak Days: Extended Hours
Sat, Dec 17 - Mon, Jan 2
Christmas Eve - Open 'til 5PM
Sat, Dec 24
Christmas- Closed for the day
Sun, Dec 25
Alpine Ski Racing Camp
Wed, Dec 28
NYE Party with Red Ball Jets
Sat, Dec 31